Infographics are colourful, digestible, and convincing. They convey lots of information quickly. And better still, they tell a cracking story.
But, crave them? Do we? Do we actually?
The science behind infographics
It’s been scientifically proven that half the human brain is devoted to visual processing.
What that means is we see an image. Process it. And attach a meaning to it.
All in the blink of an eye..
Faster, actually. Just 13 milliseconds, which is about 30 times faster than blinking.
So yes, in terms of understanding what’s in front of us, our brains really do crave concise visual imagery
Why do infographics work?
We live in a data-drenched world.
TMI? No kidding.
Information comes at us hard and fast. But all we want to do is understand that information as quickly as possible.
Infographics lets your audience do just that because they:
- Get straight to the point – simplifying and visualising data
- Grab the readers’ attention – both eye-catching and useful
- Are easy to remember – 80% of people remember things they see or do
- Are wonderfully persuasive – people get them, and respond to them
Infographics that keep on giving
Infographics are invaluable tools for marketers. They can be used to convey the benefits of a product or service, showing ways it can improve a reader’s life.
But that’s just one benefit. A well thought-out infographic has so much more to give. It can:
- Increase website traffic
- Boost brand awareness and credibility
- Is more likely to be shared on social media
- Improve SEO and conversion rates
- Help lead generation
- Measure ROI
The anatomy of a great infographic
But it takes more than a smart colour scheme and sassy graphics to deliver the goods.
It’s substance over style, so think about the who, what, how and why…
- Connect with your audience: Identify who you are speaking to, what they need and solve a problem for them
- Be relevant: Data needs to be current – ideally original
- Pick a type: Do you want to inform, compare, show change, or something else? Whatever you need, there’s a type of infographic to do the job
- Tell a story: Bring the data to life and create your narrative. Make sure the data flows
- Make it look good: Get designing with colours, shapes, fonts, and symbols. Keep it clutter-free
What’s the Q Content approach?
Infographics might simplify data, but that doesn’t mean they’re simple to create.
They take time. And resources. And if you’re going to consistently produce quality visual content, you’re going to need plenty of both.
Here’s how Q content can help:
- Objective: The starting point is establishing an agreed purpose. We work with you to understand what the infographic needs to achieve, give it a clear identity, and formulate a strategy
- Research: Our creative copywriters take a copy-first approach, delving into the subject matter and data
- Content: They will then create engaging copy, that is optimised for SEO
- Design: Next, our team of designers create visuals consistent with your brand guidelines and their creative flair
- Deliver: Our content manager will quality check the infographic to ensure it is digestible, shareable and hits the brief
Transform your data into something that quickly conveys information (and looks great).
Get in touch with Q Content using the form below to start creating infographics that mean business.