A fresh start is what we all need once in a while – often bringing about a sense of relief. When it comes to writing, however, a blank page can force opposing feelings of dread upon a person. The spotless and bare look of a white page can represent a long way to go and much work to be done. Often the hardest bit is knowing where to start.
Most small businesses cannot survive on word of mouth alone, which is where content comes into its own. Content marketing is about creating and distributing valuable, relevant and consistent content to attract and acquire your target customer, to try and make them take some sort of action. I came across a helpful article on the Business2Community website which gives some pointers on how to make the blank page a little less daunting:
1. Get organised. Make your content relevant to what is going on in the world. Create a calendar containing important industry events, public holidays etc. and formulate content ideas around them.
2. Look elsewhere. Take a browse around other businesses´ websites for ideas which you could adapt.
3. Know your customer. Get inside your consumer´s mind to get an idea for what type of content appeals to them.
4. Be on-trend. See what´s trending in the world of social media and use the topics as a lead.
5. Change it up. Videos and images have an ability to connect with audiences in a way that the written word simply cannot.
6. Tell your story. Although you may be new to the online sphere, show your audience that you have a history, as this will enhance consumer confidence.
7. Make it easy for them. An online encyclopedia of terms will mean your readers won´t have to divert away from your site to decipher meaning.
8. Reuse and recycle. If you´re struggling for ideas, look at a way of reinventing and updating old content, ensuring it still relevant.
If you need a helping hand with your content, both in terms of creation and strategy, give us a call. We are a team of content generation specialists and would love to help.