[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”]
By Ben Hollom
There is an overwhelming amount of statistics regarding social media and making sense of them may be hard for businesses. Here is a collection of the most important stats regarding social sites that brands need to know, according to Business 2 Community.
1. Facebook is the most visited website available online and it has more traffic than any other site out there. About three quarters of users cite Facebook as a key influence for making purchasing decisions and 56% of people visit the site at least once per day, so having no presence on Facebook is a major missed opportunity for brands.
2. 53% of Twitter users recommend brands and specific products and every second 120,000 tweets are being posted. Being part of the conversation and being up-to-date with the things users say about you and about your competition is vital.
3. Some 800 million people worldwide spend about 15 minutes on YouTube on a daily basis with the sole purpose to watch videos. Your brand videos may not be as popular as Gangnam Style but you could make sure those who are willing to watch them have this chance.
4. Two in three Twitter users and half of Facebook users say that they are more likely to buy products from brands they follow. If you manage to build a loyal online following, you are actually increasing your sales.
5. An average user mentions brands about 90 times every week, talking to friends, family and colleagues. Your brand can be one of those if you play your cards right on social media.